Quality Assurance Engineer - Automation (Mobile & Software)
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Recruit Hero helps talents to connect with best companies and jobs in Malaysia. We're currently looking for Quality Assurance Engineer - Automation (Mobile & Software) for a company hiring in Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia. You'll get to know more details about the job & company if shortlisted.
Quality Assurance Engineer - Automation (Mobile & Software) Job Descriptions
About the role
The candidate will be responsible for identifying core issues and defects on various platforms and continuously improve the quality of the product through automated and manual testing efforts.
The job duties will vary based on the type of web and mobile applications that you work with and the size of the engineering team you are a part of. You should like to break things, be excited when you discover a bug, and be detail-oriented enough to spot it.
In addition, you have to be comfortable with repetitive testing across multiple browsers and platforms. You’ll also get to work with some of the most high-profile clients in this region and our in-house developers and product teams. Formal education is not nearly as important to us as the ability to find and detect bugs/defects and figuring out what causes them.
What you get to do
- Execute performance, scalability, functional and regression tests on mobile/web applications and backend services.
- Verify that the project's functions is according to requirements and guidelines.
- Design, write test plans and procedures, execute tests.
- Participate in design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product design and usability.
- Conducting compatibility tests against different mobile platforms (iOS, Android) and browsers for new and existing functionality.
- Identify, report and track bugs as well as provide suggestions for additional product functionality in a clear and concise form.
- Take initiative, prioritise and manage multiple detailed tasks in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Work collaboratively with developers and the relevant teams.
- Hands-on experience with testing mobile and web applications.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Attitude and character are more important than experience and skills. We are looking for someone who is structured, well organised, has great attention to detail, is trustworthy and diligent and is a good team player.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work efficiently even under pressure and highly detail-oriented.
- A passionate interest in the future of web and mobile technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally.
- Good computer skills including: MS Office & Excel.
- 2 + years of experience preferred.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Applicants should be Malaysian citizens.
- Practical experience with bug tracking systems ie. JIRA etc.
- Automated testing.
- Selenium / Cucumber.
- Unit/integration testing.
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Knowledge of software lifecycle and engineering practice.
Quality Assurance Engineer - Automation (Mobile & Software) Skills
Quality Assurance Engineer - Automation (Mobile & Software) Salary
Average salary for Quality Assurance Engineer - Automation (Mobile & Software) ranges from RM 4,200 to RM 7,800 per month
How It Works
Stop the endless job searching & apply. Instead, get interview invitations from companies who are interested in you.
Based on your profile, we match you with relevant jobs. Your contact information are hidden until you accept their interview invitations.
On DG Hero, everything is free for our talents. We charge the companies when they found talents they like.
Intelligent Job Matching
DG Hero's intelligent job matching enables everyone to land better jobs without having to waste time searching & applying for jobs.
We match you with relevant jobs while protecting your privacy. It's a better way for everyone to land jobs easily!
Highlight Your Soft Skills
Our quick registration process enables you to stand out from the crowd by highlighting critical soft skills in your profile.
92% hiring managers agree soft skills are as important as technical skills!
Your Privacy Is Our Priority
We only match you to relevant jobs & companies, preventing irrelevant companies to search and view your personal information.
We never reveal your contact information including email address, phone number & address to anyone, unless with your permission, usually when you agree to attend an interview with the company.
Registration Is Easy!
You can quickly complete the registration through your mobile phone or computer, even you don't have your resume ready now.
You may upload your resume and complete other details later at your convenience.